For the third year in a row, Whirlpool has received the Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award. Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping people save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. The award honors Whirlpool Corporation’s outstanding contribution to providing innovative, efficient products that help consumers reduce utility bills and greenhouse gas emissions.
Whirlpool offers consumers the largest breadth of ENERGY STAR qualified appliances. Its more than 700 innovative models include:
- The Whirlpool Duet steam washer. The washer naturally steams away tough stains, from grass to grease, without pre-treating. This model also saves consumers 73 percent water and 77 percent energy, compared to top-load washers manufactured before 2004, and using the normal cycle.
- The Whirlpool Cabrio Steam dryer combines mist and heat in the dryer to naturally steam away wrinkles and odors, reducing trips to the dry cleaner and providing front-load laundry efficiency in a top-load configuration.
- Energy efficient refrigeration combined with flexible technology options through the Whirlpool Centralpark connection. The refrigerator offers a plug-and-play platform right on the door, providing support to consumer electronics including a digital picture frame and digital music player without compromising on energy efficiency.
- The Maytag Bravos high-efficiency, large-capacity top-load washer. The Bravos system features an impeller wash system with Sensi-Care technology and a commercial-grade stainless-steel wash basket – providing the thorough, dependable clean of a front-load system in a top-load configuration.
- The Maytag EPICz high-efficiency front-load washer’s space-saving design, providing dependable performance features and commercial-grade components, is one of the most energy efficient in the industry. The washer received NSF International (formerly National Sanitation Foundation) certification for its sanitary cycle, which heats wash water up to 153-degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Maytag brand dishwasher with a SteamClean option. SteamClean delivers enhanced cleaning performance on glassware for soil and spot removal. Whirlpool Corporation was the first in the appliance industry to launch a steam option in dishwashers.
- A new SteamClean option for Jenn-Air dishwashers. The SteamClean option enhances an existing wash cycle, such as the China/Crystal cycle, with improved soil and spot cleaning to produce an even more lustrous shine. In addition to steam, these models also have a new silent sound package, making an already quiet, energy efficient dishwasher even quieter.
For more information, see the Whirlpool Press Release here.